If you want to find out the truth, sometimes your only choice is to spy on someone. If they’re lying to you or keeping the truth from you in some way, spying on their phone activity can help you discover critical information. So you can use some spy apps to catch your cheating spouse.
However, you don’t want to be caught spying. That could lead to a world of trouble, not to mention destroy the relationship you share with the person permanently.
What you need is a way to spy on the target phone without them knowning. That way, the chances of you getting caught are nonexistent. Also, it’s much more convenient to spy on them remotely.
Is there a way to spy on someone’s phone remotely? You just need to use a spy app that works without target phone! It’s fast, safe, and easy, in case you’re wondering.
In this article, we bring you the 10 best free spy apps for Android smartphones and tablets that work without target phone. Note that you only get free demos in some cases – legit spy apps are expensive to make and maintain.
Table of Contents
#1 Minspy – The Superstar of Android Phone Monitoring Solutions
Minspy is an incredibly powerful, advanced hidden spy apps for Android undetectable. It’s a favorite with parents, employers, and people in relationships. The app offers an array of premium features at a pocket-friendly price. Over a million people worldwide use Minspy at the moment.
The app has been positively reviewed by several major online platforms including BuzzFeed, TheGuardian, Mashable, and Tom’s Hardware. Minspy has a solid reputation, which makes it easy to recommend.
Additionally, not all spy apps are trustworthy. Some steal your personal information or use it. Minspy, however, offers excellent privacy. Your personal details are never stored, nor are they accessible to anyone, including thesoftware developers.
1.1Spy on the Cell Phone Without Access to the Target Phone
Minspy for Android is a remote phone monitoring solution. That means that once you install Minspy, the app will send you data remotely via the internet. You can access the monitoring data and control the app from any PC or smartphone web browser!
You don’t need to be in the same room or even the same city as the target phone. As long as the target phone connects to the internet every once in a while, you will be able to monitor what the user is doing remotely from your web browser.
Note that you need to install Minspy on the target phone first. This is safe and quick. You don’t need any more than 3 minutes for the installation. Once the app is installed, you have the option to hide the app. It will run in stealth mode, without the phone user knowing.
After you install Minspy, you don’t need to touch the Android phone or tablet again. The app will auto-update when needed. You will be able to control it remotely. If necessary, you can even uninstall the app with a single click.
**Warning: No Android spy app in the market works without an initial software download and installation. If you find an Android spy solution that offers remote installation, then it’s a scam, a virus, or a phishing attempt. Don’t be fooled!**
1.2 Minspy Packs in Two Dozen Powerful Monitoring Features
Minspy offers a wide selection of powerful monitoring features. You can see what’s happening on the target device in near-real-time:
- Read text messages: With Minspy, you can read all the text messages the user is writing and receiving. The app will show you details like contact details, phone numbers, and time and date entries.
- Follow social media activity: You can follow the user’s activity on social media apps such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. Minspy shows you their messages, pictures, followers, and much more.
- Track locations: Minspy can track the phone’s GPS-based location. You can see the phone’s movements in real-time. Also, Minspy offers a location log with details like addresses, geographical coordinates, and a Google street view.
- Set up a geofence: With a geofence feature, you can set up a watched zone on a map. If the Android phone or tablet crosses the zone, you will receive an alert. It’s a good way to keep an eye on someone.
- View contact details: Minspy can spy on the Contact book. You can see popular contacts, addresses, phone numbers, display pictures, and other relevant details.
- Download media files: Interested in the pictures the person has saved on their phone or tablet? Minspy allows you to view and download the whole media file collection.
- Retrieve deleted messages: If the person deletes messages or conversations they don’t want anyone else to see, Minspy can still retrieve them for you and show them to you.
- Find passwords with keylogger: Finally, Minspy comes with a nifty keylogger feature. The app can track all keystrokes made on the target phone. When the user types in their account names and passwords, you can see them!
You get several other features in addition to the ones we mentioned here, including an email reader, a browser history checker, a notes viewer, and much more.
1.3 5 Reasons That Make Minspy the Number 1 Android Spy App
Why do we believe Minspy is the best remote cell phone spy software that works without the target phone? Here are some reasons why this is the case:
Minspy is private and safe to use
Spy apps aren’t always safe to use. Some of them steal your personal information while others are viruses in disguise. With Minspy, you don’t have to worry about any of that. The app is fully safe to use.
Your personal details are never at risk of being stolen. The app doesn’t store your personal data or share it with anyone. The app data isn’t accessible to any of the developers or staff.
Minspy has a stellar reputation
Minspy is used by a million people in over 190 countries around the planet. The app is used for parental control, employee monitoring, and even as a phone backup tool. People rely on the app for work and personal reasons. You can rely on it to work effectively.
The app works without root
Most spy apps require rooting. Rooting takes a long time, isn’t stealthy, and cancels the device warranty. You need physical access to the target device if you want to root it. All these factors make rooting a hassle.
Fortunately, Minspy is an advanced spy app that doesn’t need root! That means you can set up the app in a matter of minutes in a hassle-free way.
Minspy is impossible to detect
When you want to spy on a target Android phone, you need a way to do it discreetly. Minspy is as discreet as it gets. Once you hide the app after the installation, it’s impossible to detect.
The Minspy app runs in the background without the phone owner’s awareness. The app icon disappears from the app drawer and installed apps list. Minspy sends you data without draining the phone’s battery too. All this makes the app very stealthy.
Minspy is easy to use
Minspy requires no technical skills on your part to install or use. You can set the app up with just your phone or PC. The app has a web-based interface, which means you can use it from any web browser, even when you’re away from home.
Are you interested in trying out Minspy for yourself? Check out the Minspy free live demo here!
#2 Spyic: Spy App for Android Without Target Phone
The second app we have for you if you want to spy on Android without the target phone is called Spyic. Spyic is a popular cell phone monitoring solution. It has an excellent reputation and is widely used, which makes it a trustworthy solution.
2.1 Spyic allows you to spy on Android phones remotely
You can monitor any Android phone or tablet remotely with Spyic. The app has a web-based interface, meaning you can access the app’s various features from your web browser. You can use either your smartphone or PC.
Spyic requires an initial software install. This takes no more than a handful of minutes. After the installation, you have the option to hide the app. Thereafter, you can spy on the Android phone without having to access it physically.
What can Spyic do for you? Here is a brief overview:
- The app allows you to monitor messages and social media activity.
- You can check call logs and contact information.
- You can access the user’s browser history and notes.
- The keylogger can help you figure out account names and passwords.
Spyic offers all the features you can think of. It’s definitely enough information for you to figure out the truth.
2.2. Spyic makes for an excellent spy app
Spyic is one of the best Android spy apps in the market. Here are some reasons why the product is so popular:
- Spyic is easy to install: You can install Spyic in a jiffy. The app is small and comes with clear installation instructions. You don’t need any technical knowledge to either install the app or access it later. Also, it doesn’t need root.
- The app can be hidden: Once you install the app, you can hide it. The app will run, hidden, in the background without the user knowing. The app is small and doesn’t drain the battery, which makes it very stealthy.
- It’s reliable: Spyic has been around for a long time. The app has a large user base and is well-tested. You can rest assured that the app works right.
#3 Spyier: Cell Phone Spy Without Access to Target Phone
Spyier is a premium parental control app for Android. You can use the app to spy on any modern Android phone or tablet running OS 4 and up. The app is easy to set up and offers a useful set of features.
Spyier provides unfettered access to any Android device
Spyier provides a wide array of features:
- You can monitor texts, social media, and call logs.
- You can check installed apps and the user’s real-time location.
- You can find usernames and passwords with the keylogger.
The app is worth your time
Spyier is a recognized brand and is well worth your time:
- Spyier will run in the background as a hidden app.
- The app is extensively tried-and-tested and is almost bug-free.
- You can use a free live demo to check out the various features.
Spyier makes it to the third spot on our list because the app is effective, easy to use, and works without root.
#4 Spyine: Download Free Spyware Without Touching Target Phone
Spyine is an app made by an established company. It’s popular with people who want to keep tabs on their loved ones. The app is compatible with most modern Android devices. You can use the app from any web browser.
Spyine offers all the features you need
You get a wide selection of features with Spyine:
- You can monitor the user’s calls and contacts.
- You can see locations and set up geofences.
- You can monitor their social media like Facebook.
You don’t need to root to use Spyine
Spyine is an advanced spy app:
- The app works without root.
- It has a web-based interface.
- You can hide the app and use it in secret.
Spyine is 4th on our list because it packs in powerful features and is a reliable solution overall.
#5 Cocospy: Remote Cell Phone Spy Software Without Target Phone
Next up on our list is Cocospy. Cocospy is a recognized name in the spyware market. The app offers great features and is a solid app all around. It works with all the latest Android phones and tablets in stealth mode.
You get some wonderful features
Cocospy can show you what’s happening on the target device:
- Read all messages, including texts and social media messages.
- Check the location and get the location history.
- View emails, notes, and other information.
Cocospy works via any web browser
You’ll be able to use Cocospy from any web browser:
- You can spy on the phone remotely after installing Cocospy.
- The app works in stealth mode, without the user knowing.
- The app doesn’t require root.
As Cocospy offers good features and has an established reputation, it makes it to the 5th spot on the list.
#6 Copy9: Free Spy Phones Without the Phone You Spying on
The 6th entry on our list is Copy9. The app is mostly known for its Facebook password cracking, but it also offers other features that allow you to monitor someone’s Android phone.
Copy9 offers several useful features
Copy9 is a good app:
- Copy9 comes with a password cracking keylogger.
- The app can be used to monitor any phone.
Copy9 is out of date
Copy9 is an old app that may not be compatible with modern Android phones:
- Copy9 was made for older generation Android phones.
- The app has an outdated interface.
Copy9 is a good app, but hard to use, making it #6 on the list.
Phonesheriff is made by a company that offers a range of spy-related products. Their Phonesheriff app has the best reputation and has been around for a long time. It has been featured on platforms like the New York Times.
Phonesheriff works in stealth mode
Phonesheriff allows you to monitor any Android device in secret:
- Check social media apps like Facebook.
- Read messages and check phone calls.
Phonesheriff was hacked
Your data may not be safe with Phonesheriff:
- The app was hacked recently.
- Confidential user data was stolen.
Because the app was hacked, it may no longer be available. Still, it’s worth the mention.
#8 DDI Utilities
Next up on our list is the data management app called DDI Utilities. DDI Utilities is more a data backup and management app than it is a spy solution. But you can use the app to keep tabs on any Android device via its data backup.
DDI Utilities comes with great data backup
You can use DDI Utilities to backup any data:
- You can back up and view the activity on a target Android phone.
- The backups can be used to keep tabs on the phone user remotely.
DDI Utilities needs root
DDI Utilities is not the easiest app to install:
- You need to root the target device to set up the app.
- It is not as stealthy as could be.
As the app has some drawbacks, it’s #8 on our list.
Hoverwatch is a full-fledged spy app that works on several platforms. The app comes with a great user interface and supports multiple spy features. You can use Hoverwatch to monitor the latest Android smartphones or tablets.
Hoverwatch is a multi-platform app
Hoverwatch offers some nifty features:
- It supports Windows and Mac in addition to Android.
- The app offers a full suite of monitoring features.
The app is missing a key feature
With Hoverwatch, you are missing a key feature:
- The app can’t log credentials on an Android device.
While Hoverwatch is a good app, the key missing feature puts it on #9.
The last app on the list is called FlexiSPY. This is a pretty popular solution and offers several powerful, reliable features. The app can spy on Mac and personal PCs in addition to Android phones, which is a nice bonus.
FlexiSPY is a good app
FlexiSPY can provide a useful array of features:
- You can monitor popular contacts and call history.
- The app allows you to view social media activity.
The app requires root
Unfortunately, FlexiSPY is hard to install:
- The app requires root to work.
- Rooting is tough and risky.
FlexiSPY is a solid app, but the rooting requirement makes it hard to install and use. This puts it at #10 on our list.
Are Android spy apps safe to use?
The ones with a good reputation like Spyic are safe to use, yes. If you can’t verify the app’s reputation, it’s not a good idea to use it. It may be a virus in disguise or just a scam attempt.
Can I install an Android spy app remotely?
You can’t install an Android spy app remotely, no. It always needs to be installed manually on the target phone. In some cases, you may be able to trick the user into installing it for you, but the software installation part needs to happen.
Where do I access the spy data from?
That depends on the app you use. Modern apps like Minspy can be accessed directly from your web browser. This can be any PC or smartphone web browser, which makes controlling the app a breeze.
Will the user find out I’m spying on them?
Again, it depends on the app you use. If you use an app such as Minspy, the user won’t find out because 1) the app requires no root and 2) you can hide the app after you install it and access the app data remotely.
What happens to my personal information when I use a spy app?
If you use a reliable spy app like Spyier, your personal information will remain protected. Otherwise, there’s always a danger of your information being hacked, stolen, or sold to someone for a profit.
That concludes our pick of the 10 best free spy apps for Android that work without the target phone. All the apps on the list are worth trying, but the first 5 apps provide the best mix of features and ease-of-use.
This post is also available in: Deutsch (German) Español (Spanish)