Crafting an impressive Freelance Videographer resume is the first step when starting your Freelance Videographer job hunt. Before you start writing your Freelance Videographer resume, make sure to go through the job description and highlight any skills, awards or any other job requirement that matches your requirements. Be sure to influx some keywords from the job description which will further help your resume to get through ATS. Include a short headline or summary at the top that clearly communicates your goals and qualifications.
The above Freelance Videographer resume sample and example will help you write a resume that best highlights your experience and qualifications.
Creating a strong Freelance Videographer Resume is the first thing you need to do to grab the attention of hiring managers and recruiters while hunting for a Freelance Videographer job. Your CV is the first impression you offer to the hiring managers.
Creating a Freelance Videographer resume from scratch can be a challenging task, but you can learn how to create an impressive Freelance Videographer resume that showcases your skills, experience, and accomplishments with our Freelance Videographer resume sample.
Included in the guideline are tips to create a successful Freelance Videographer resume with all the important components, such as Work Experience, Professional Summary, Skills, Interests, and Education sections.
Planning to apply for a Freelance Videographer position? You will need a good Freelance Videographer resume sample to submit a resume that will catch the attention of the recruiter.
Freelance Videographer Resume Writing Tips
- Choose the right Freelance Videographer Resume Format.
- Make sure your Freelance Videographer Resume is captivating and compelling.
- Begin with stating your Career Objective as a Freelance Videographer
- Elaborate your professional experience
- Boast Your Achievements in Your Professional Experience Section
- Add the additional skills to strengthen your profile.
- You need not create a catalogue of your work history, only add those work experiences that are relevant and necessary to mention
- Create a short and crisp summary that tells how you are right for the role of Freelance Videographer
- Tweak Your Job Titles to Get Your Freelance Videographer Resume Read
- Highlight Your Most Relevant Resume Skills
- Use Keywords This Will Assure The Recruiter About Your Knowledge About The Same
- Address Any Employment Gaps Clearly in your Freelance Videographer Resume (If you are a professional Freelance Videographer)
- If you are a freelancer Freelance Videographer, then mention that.
Must Read: Resume Writing Tips That Will Help You Get Hired Faster in 2021
Freelance Videographer Resume Sections
- Contact Information:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Email, Nationality, Driver’s license
- 1 - 3 sentences giving a broad overview of your background, years of experience as a Freelance Videographer, the industries you have worked in, and the types of projects you have worked on.
- Employment History:
- Mention your employment history and include a list of your roles & responsibilities.
- Education/ Certifications/ Coursework/ Training:
- It is not necessary to have an academic degree to be a Freelance Videographer. For most employers, at least a Bachelor’s Degree in business or technology is preferred.
- Key Skills:
- List of key skills that you possess that align with the job descriptions that you are applying for.
Freelance Videographer Resume Format
The purpose of a resume is to flaunt your abilities to a hiring manager while demonstrating why you would be the right fit with the company. Everyone possesses different skills, resume skills, years of experience in a related field, or exemplary academic achievements and certifications.
Depending on your situation, highlight only those qualities and skills that will give the recruiter a glimpse of your knowledge of past experience and proves your candidacy for the job post of Freelance Videographer.
Regardless of what your current status is, a fresher graduate, professional expert or the one seeking change in career path, there is a set professional resume format.
How will you arrange all the sections in the Freelance Videographer resume? What is the order of the parts? You will get answers to these questions in the format of the Resume.
It is the resume format for your Freelance Videographer resume that will dictate which section goes where, and in what order. Consequently, there can be three possible resume formats for you to choose from:
* The chronological resume format is the most used, and probably the one you are using now. As the name suggests, a reverse chronological resume states your current position first. It follows your past experiences and education. This resume format highlights your most recent work experience.
* It best matches the needs of those who want to show vertical career progression in their specific field, those who have no gaps in their employment history, and those who wish to be posted in the same or related industry.
* But If you've changed jobs like you change your clothes, or have prominent gaps in your working history, or want to change your career path or shift to a new industry, this resume format is probably not for you.
* This type of resume format highlights your essential skills. A functional resume format throws light on your expertise, skills and qualifications. You must customise your Resume to include industry-specific keywords and skill requirements used in the job posting.
* Those with a particular skill set that they want to emphasise should use this resume format. This resume format is also great for you if your employment history shows some gap years or if you are keen on changing your career and want to shift to a new industry.
* If you don't have a heavy skillset to show off or are a recent graduate, this resume format wouldn't be the right choice.
* The combination resume format of the reverse-chronological and functional resume formats. It offers the most flexibility because it consists of a mixture format. This resume format is for those with well-developed skill sets and background of mixed experience and education.
* This resume format is the right one for you if you are an expert or extremely experienced in the given field. It may also work well for you if you are making initiating towards a new career path, or have a particularly relevant skillset.
* To have a professionally formatted Freelance Videographer Resume is a cherry on the cake but remember to pour some quality content in your Resume as well. It is advisable to spend adequate time researching for the job position and then only after due consideration develops your Resume.
Choose the resume format that reflects your personality and gives you the most confidence.
Must Read: The Ultimate Guide to Resume Keywords
Freelance Videographer Resume Headline
A resume headline is a short one-line phrase that highlights and summarises your professional strengths. It is also called a resume title. It communicates to the hiring manager about what you can offer to an organisation when you're hired.
It is more like the headline of a news story. Your Freelance Videographer resume title should be brief and easy to read. It should highlight the qualifications that are most relevant to the job you have applied for.
Recruiters and hiring managers usually have to review hundreds of resumes every day. So write a resume headline that is concise and crisp. Moreover, a good resume title will at once give the hiring manager a good idea about your candidacy for the job.
Must Read: How to Name Your Resume and Cover Letter
Freelance Videographer Resume Summary
One of the most critical aspects while crafting a Freelance Videographer resume is how to start it. The best way to give yourself a headstart from others is by providing a compelling yet informative summary of your Freelance Videographer resume.
Are you using a summary or an objective
The recruiter at very first glance spots summary and objective sections. So make sure you have one. An objective section in the Resume talks about what you want to achieve in your next job position. And a summary briefs about what you will serve to the company with your skills and experience. It is necessary to give a review if you are an expert because you have many things to flaunt in your Freelance Videographer resume. But if you are a recent graduate, it is optional to provide a summary, because as a fresh graduate you will have very little to summarise.
So a resume summary should tell a story of us as a professional. That's the best way to start. Put yourself in the employer's shoes, then think what a hiring manager would be expecting. Make sure your resume summary is compelling so that it forces the hiring manager to go through all the rest of the details in brief.
Must Read: How to get your Resume Noticed by the Employers?
Skills to Include in a Freelance Videographer Resume
It is the critical skills of a Freelance Videographer that will set him apart from rest out of the crowd.
Don't commit the mistake of stuffing your Resume with keywords - emphasis only industry-related skills in your Professional Experience section. A typical HR manager won't even take a minute to see if a resume is genuine or whether it is copied-pasted by the applicant.
The need for a Freelance Videographer may be different for each company and industry. For example: If you were a Freelance Videographer in 2 companies, the 3rd company which you are applying might demand a different skill set.
So what it is something you should include for sure in your Freelance Videographer resume that will help you to outstand others. It is the Job Description. Job description lays down the skills and qualities that the recruiter is looking for in a candidate. You should align your resume skills along the lines of the requirements of the job post
For a more detailed guide on Resume Key Skills for a Freelance Videographer Job Profile check-out, CV Owl’s complete guide on skills to include in Resume.
Must Read: 10 Best Skills to Include on your Resume
How to write experience in Freelance Videographer Resume
Your work experience is one of the essential sections of your Freelance Videographer resume. How you frame this point in your Resume determines your chances of getting selected by the hiring manager.
A Freelance Videographer Resume must be inclusive of industry-related technical keywords and jargons. Strike a balance between resume keywords and overall meaning to make sure that even a General HR going through your Freelance Videographer resume will be able to extract relevant information.
Don't just keep going on writing the long work experiences without highlighting your performance results in figures. It's better to quantify your performance; this will strengthen your Freelance Videographer resume experience section.
Another way is to keep a separate Key Achievements section for all your work profiles. Through this way, it is easy for the HR Manager to differentiate your job role from your achievements. While the latter resume section can be numbers-heavy, your job responsibilities can focus on your role itself.
Follow the below key points you must keep in mind while writing the experience section of your Freelance Videographer resume.
- Choose the right Freelance Videographer Resume Format.
- Show Results
- Demonstrate Specialisation
- Use of Action Words/Power Verbs
- Bolding & Bucketing/Sub-headings
Must Read: How an Application Tracking System works?
Education Section in Freelance Videographer Resume sample
When it comes to your education section of your resume, hiring managers only need few basic pieces of information from you which includes:
- Name & Location of your school
- The degree you obtained (if applicable)
- Your field of study
- Graduation year (if applicable)
- Your GPA (Note: You may not want to include this if it’s not above 3.4)
- Any relevant honors or academic recognition, coursework, activities or other achievements obtained during your education
- Fulfil your employer's expectations. You review your Freelance Videographer Resume or CV as if you are the hiring manager.
- Follow the Job description religiously and then tailor your Resume or Freelance Videographer CV accordingly.
- All you have to do is to prove to the hiring manager that you are the best fit for the job post.
- Typically a reverse-chronological resume format is used. But try to opt for the resume format (functional /combination / reverse-chronological resume) that best serves your purpose.
- If you are an entry-level Freelance Videographer, you can go for an Objective section on your Freelance Videographer resume. But for experienced one's, it is necessary to have a Professional Summary section.
- Under your Freelance Videographer resume Skills section prepare a separate section for Technical Skills that align the Job Description.
- When you are describing your work, don't forget to provide clarity to the recruiter by giving its context.
- Show off your soft skills and professional experience. Even if your role is massive on analysis and numbers, no one wants to work with a robot.
Education section details might vary job to job. The education section is usually the shortest section of the resume. Hence, try keeping it around 15-30 words only.
Make sure your educational experience fits the requirements of the job you’re applying for. For instance, a recent graduate will have more details to include and the placement of the education section will also be in a prominent position because this is the majority of their experience.
Whereas, an experienced candidate will have an education section below their professional experience section and keep this section short because their interviewers will be more interested in the work they’ve done at previous employers.
Always go through the job description as it includes educational requirements of a job under a “requirements” or “education” section. So read carefully to see if your background is a good fit.
The most important thing to remember while writing your education section is honesty. Many employers often conduct a background check before finalizing a candidate, and do this without notifying you. So, if they come across any information that’s different from what’s on your resume, this could hurt your chances of getting the job.
Must Read: Here’s what not to include in your Resume?
Hobbies/Interests in Freelance Videographer Resume Sample
An active and robust Hobbies/Interests resume section means you are an individual with strong interests and have a life outside of work.
* For an entry-level professional, it is essential to list his/her high-school/college achievements because it's only they have.
* For applicants having experience between 0-10, it will be a plus-point to add those extracurricular accomplishments that align with the job which you are targeting.
* But for people with 10+ years of professional experience, it is not that useful to list out your achievements at under-graduate levels ( but you can surely mention awe-inspiring accomplishments that resonate with you).
Must Read: The Best Way to Keep Your Resume Updated
Freelance Videographer CV Review
Does your Freelance Videographer CV pass the 10-second test? Send us a copy of your Freelance Videographer CV, and our professional CV writers will assess it and email you the suggestions. With over three years of experience within the recruitment industry, we know precisely what employers are trying to find during an applicant's Resume.
Would you wish for an expert opinion on your Freelance Videographer Resume/CV? Then, CV Owl's CV and resume review service are best for you. Our service aims to help you maximise the impact of your Freelance Videographer CV, achieve your career goals and assist you in creating an interview-winning resume.
You are sure to get feedback on how your resume/CV is scanned by the Application Tracking System (ATS) and how the recruiters use it to filter out the applicants. So there aren't any excuses not to get your Freelance Videographer CV reviewed by CV Owl.
What about a Freelance Videographer Cover Letter Sample?
Writing an excellent Freelance Videographer cover letter is an essential step in your job search journey. A good Freelance Videographer cover letter showcases your relevant experiences and formally requests the opportunity for an interview.
The cover letter examples we've compiled are perfect for a variety of management professionals. Be sure to use the Freelance Videographer cover letter sample as a starting point when crafting your own job-winning business cover letters along with your Product Manager CV. Do not forget to checkout CV Owl’s cover letter samples directory.
Remember these points when writing a Freelance Videographer resume:
Check out CV Owl's Online Resume Builder for more Freelance Videographer resume templates and multiple designs!
Are you still facing any difficulty while crafting your Freelance Videographer Resume? End all your doubts and worries by writing to our Resume Experts at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are sure to get reverted in 24 hours!